Online Exclusive 15% Off
Sterling Silver, Stainless Steel, Fashion Collection
Free shipping within Canada on order over $100 before taxes
THIS VERSION IN EFFECT SINCE NOVEMBER 1st, 2015
Protecting your privacy is important to BitterSweetOnline.com (a division of Heart Drop Ltd.) This Policy explains how Heart Drop Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "BitterSweetOnline.com") collects, uses, and discloses the personal information you may provide while using the BitterSweetOnline.com Web site (the "Web Site"). It is always your choice whether or not to provide personal information through the Web Site. Any personal information you provide while using this Web site will be treated with care and, subject to this Policy, will not be used or disclosed in ways to which you have not consented. Also, you may opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your personal information, as explained in this Policy.
1. By using the Web Site, you signify your consent to BitterSweetOnline.com's collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance to this Policy.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
2. Non-Identifiable Information - Like many other Web sites, the Web Site automatically collects certain non-identifiable information regarding Web Site users, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access the Web Site, the Internet address of the site which linked you directly to the Web Site, the operating system you are using, the sections of the Web Site you visit, the Web Site pages read and images viewed, and the content you download from the Web Site. This non-identifiable information is used for Web Site and system administration purposes and to improve the Web Site. BitterSweetOnline.com may also use non-identifiable information to initiate interactive, real-time discussions with users. Your non-identifiable information may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
3. Cookies - The Web Site uses "cookies", a technology that installs a small amount of information on a Web Site user's computer to permit the Web Site to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Web Site. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the Web Site (so you do not have to enter your personal information every time), to offer personalized Web page content and information for your use, to track your activity at the Web Site, to respond to your needs, and to otherwise facilitate your Web Site experience. Advertisements displayed on the Web Site may also contain cookies or other technologies. Those advertisements may be provided by third party advertising companies, and BitterSweetOnline.com does not have any control over, or any responsibility or liability for, the use and disclosure of information collected through advertisement cookies. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the Web Site and your ability to access certain features of the Web Site or engage in transactions through the Web Site.
4. Tracking Information - BitterSweetOnline.com may use non-personal information to create aggregate tracking information reports regarding Web Site user demographics, Web Site traffic patterns, and Web Site purchases, and then provide those reports to advertisers and others. None of the tracking information in the reports can be connected to the identities or other personal information of individual users. BitterSweetOnline.com also may link tracking information with personal information voluntarily provided by Web Site users. Once such a link is made, all of the linked information is treated as personal information and will be used and disclosed only in accordance with this Policy.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED BY USERS
5. Your Personal Information - During your use of the Web Site, you may be asked to voluntarily provide certain personal information (such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, or credit card information) for purposes such as facilitating communications with you, applying for access to certain special features of the Web Site, or carrying out transactions. It is always your choice whether or not to provide personal information. If you choose not to provide certain mandatory personal information, you will not be able to use certain features of the Web Site and you will not be able to engage in transactions through the Web Site.
6. Use of Your Personal Information - BitterSweetOnline.com may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, to respond to your inquiries, to process transactions and payments, and to facilitate and enhance your use of the Web Site. BitterSweetOnline.com may develop a confidential customer profile for you, which will be used to provide the very best service to you.
7. Email from BitterSweetOnline.com - When you have completed transactions with BitterSweetOnline.com or with your expressed consent, BitterSweetOnline.com may send to you, from time to time, emails or other communications containing information about BitterSweetOnline.com, and other matters BitterSweetOnline.com believes will interest you. At any time, you may request BitterSweetOnline.com to stop sending you email and other information by contacting email@example.com. Also, each email BitterSweetOnline.com sends to you will tell you how to decline further email. From time to time, BitterSweetOnline.com may also send to you emails containing important information regarding the Web Site, which you may not opt out of receiving.
8. Disclosure of Your Personal Information - BitterSweetOnline.com may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
(i) Disclosure to Service Providers - In order to process transactions, BitterSweetOnline.com may disclose and receive your personal information to or for certain service providers in order to verify and validate such information. Examples can include your credit card issuer, the product handler and the delivery service. To reduce the risk of fraud or misuse of personal information, BitterSweetOnline.com may verify your personal information, including but not limited to your address and credit card information, with third party service providers. Before personal information is disclosed, we will require the service provider to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. If you do not wish BitterSweetOnline.com to provide your personal information to those service providers, you will be limited from using the Web Site for transactions.
(ii) Disclosure in Business Transfers - BitterSweetOnline.com may be involved in the sale or transfer of some or all of its business. As part of that sale or transfer, BitterSweetOnline.com may disclose your personal information to the acquiring organization, but will require the acquiring organization to agree to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
(iii) Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure - BitterSweetOnline.com may disclose your personal information to a government institution or other person or entity that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where BitterSweetOnline.com has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or entity with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to BitterSweetOnline.com's legal counsel.
9. Securing Your Information - To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, BitterSweetOnline.com employs security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Nevertheless, due to the nature of the Internet and Internet technologies, security and privacy risks cannot be eliminated and BitterSweetOnline.com cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy.
10. Accessing Your Personal Information - You may request access to your personal information and information about BitterSweetOnline.com's collection, use and disclosure of that information by contacting BitterSweetOnline.com at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. You can help BitterSweetOnline.com maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying BitterSweetOnline.com of any changes to your personal information.
11. Interactive Web Pages - Certain pages of the Web Site facilitate real-time interactive discussions between users and BitterSweetOnline.com employees regarding products available for purchase through the Web Site. Those discussions are initiated by BitterSweetOnline.com employees based upon non-identifiable information automatically collected about Web Site users. You are not obliged to engage in interactive discussions with BitterSweetOnline.com employees or provide any personal information during those discussions. Personal information you provide during interactive discussions through the Web Site will be used and disclosed in accordance with this Policy.
12. Contests and Promotions - If contests or promotions are made available through the Web Site, the applicable contest or promotion rules may include rules regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. To the extent that those specific rules conflict with this Policy, the particular contest or promotion rules will govern regarding personal information collected in connection with the contest or promotion.
13. Other Web Sites - The Web Site may contain links to other Web sites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links, you are contacting another Web site or Internet resource. BitterSweetOnline.com has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other Web sites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
14. Web Site User Agreement - The Web Site User Agreement governing your use of the Web Site (which may be viewed by clicking here) contains important provisions, including provisions disclaiming, limiting or excluding BitterSweetOnline.com's liability for your use of the Web Site and provisions determining the applicable law and exclusive jurisdiction for the resolution of any disputes regarding your use of the Web Site. Each of those provisions applies to any disputes that may arise in relation to this Policy and BitterSweetOnline.com's collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, and are of the same force and effect as if they had been reproduced directly in this Policy.
15. Former Users - If you stop using the Web Site or your permission to use the Web Site is terminated, BitterSweetOnline.com may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy as amended from time to time. However, if you want BitterSweetOnline.com to stop sending you unsolicited email and other information, or you do not wish BitterSweetOnline.com to disclose your personal information to trading partners or in business transfers, please notify BitterSweetOnline.com at email@example.com.
16. Policy Changes - To accommodate changes in the Web Site, changing technology, and legal developments, this Policy may be changed from time to time in BitterSweetOnline.com's sole discretion and without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person. New versions of this Policy will be posted here. BitterSweetOnline.com's collection, use and disclosure of your personal information will be governed by the version of this Policy in effect at that time. Accordingly, when you use the Web Site you should check the date of this Policy and review any changes since the last version.
17. Your Comments - If you have any comments or questions about this Policy or your personal information, please contact BitterSweetOnline.com at firstname.lastname@example.org.